- Professional Services
As trading speeds and volumes continue to rise in today’s volatile markets, market monitors and regulators need ever more powerful and trustworthy surveillance instruments to detect abnormal trading behaviour.
Manages the software and hardware underpinning the firms’ primary Trade, eComms, Voice and Unauthorised Trading applications. Typically, clients are internal users from the Regulatory Compliance function, who are responsible for the definition of surveillance techniques and models, the monitoring of alerts, and the management of any subsequent investigations and reports into suspicious activity.
Typical skills set
- Analysis and documentation of business requirements.
- Production of detailed functional specifications in order for a development team / vendor to meet the required business outcome
- Specification and documentation of surveillance analytics to a standard which would bear scrutiny by an internal audit or external regulators
- The Identification, analysis and validation of multiple data elements including Trade, News and Market data sources
- The participation in testing cycles, working with the System Testers to ensure adequate test scripts have been built and run, assisting users with acceptance testing
- Assisting in the training of key business users
- Leading, facilitating and participation in meetings / workshops at the direction of the Senior Lead Business Analyst