- Professional Services
- As a Market Data Business Analyst, undertakes specific market data reviews across departments to establish our current data usage across applications and desktops.
- Defines and manages a set of core and non-core data products and services that are aligned to BAU needs and to the Market Data strategy.
- Provides monthly reporting to track MD expenditure against budget and perform regular cost benefit analysis of usage, with specific focus on continuing lower cost displacements.
Regularly reviews Market Data trends and services, meeting key Market Data vendors and market counterparts to maintain knowledge of service offerings and the MD landscape. Prior to contract renewals, provides specific analysis and reporting of market data usage to establish key requirements and metrics to support and assist negotiations.
Typical skills set
- Market Data knowledge within a sell side environment, large corporation or investment bank.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail. Advanced Excel skills to collate, manipulate and present information effectively.
- Strong grasp of finance and commercial issues and track record of delivering BAU work and projects on time.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships to give clear, practical and sound Market Data advice to colleagues at all levels across the business.